" Whatever you're running from, whatever's been stealing away your light, I hope you can escape it here."
"I'd rather have you in my life than go back to living another day without you, no matter what it means to keep you."
1. Daedalian Depths. I've slowly been working through the labyrinth and it's been fun.
2. I just sent my best friend Aristotle and Dante Dive into the Waters of the World.
3. Done. A Walk to Remember. My daughter asked me about this book recently and I told her she would both love and hate this book at the same time. Mr Sparks has a way of making us do that.
1. Warriors Don't Cry, Ruthless Bishop and Flowers in the Attic.
2. The last few Sookie books.
3. Today we moved furniture and did a dump run. Tomorrow, my husband will be working on his car which means I'll be reading outside while he does that. We are one of those couples that do separate activities while next to each other. 😍
My reading buddy wanted to say hi. 👋🐶
I'm doing a #ReadAcrossAmerica challenge again this year. I didn't get all the states last year so I'm hoping to get them this year. I'm off to a great start.
10/52 states +DC
CO LA NM NY NC OR SD TN TX WA
The first book I remember is Amanda and I read it in middle school. It's about a society girl in the 1840s who has everything she could ever want. Her and her father escape in the night from creditors and decide to travel to Oregon. Along the way the way she changes from a spoiled rich girl to a strong women, finding herself and love along the way.
1. I would want to go back in time. I'd want to go back and see 60s, 70s and 80s rock/hair metal bands when they were at their peak. I'd want to go to Woodstock and Live aid.
2. I cheated and watched the movie first but I loved this book.
1. Yes! I actually thought about doing a banned book reading challenge this year but decided to wait since I was already doing 5.
2. The Outsiders is one of my favorite banned books. I had to read it in high school back in the 90s. Then last year my daughter had to read it for her English class and she absolutely loved it too. So having that shared bond over a book makes it even more special.
Thrift store haul. I've been on the hunt for paperback copies of Anne Rice and Stephen King books for awhile now. They are two of my favorite authors and I have some gaps in my collections of their works. I didn't find any SK this time but I found a ton of AR. I still have about 6 more books for her and a mountain worth of SK lol.
1. A Court of Silver Flames. Technically my reread of HP&OotP would have been the longest but it was an audio book so I went with the longest physical book instead.
2. Not really. I break them up though. Any book that's long, I will read 10-20% of, then take a break to read something else, then read another 10-20% and so on until complete.
1. Some Girls Do, Death and the Girl Next Door and The Making of US
2. The Hawthorne Legacy, Lost in the Never Woods and Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
3. I don't have any with the name blue but the following have blue covers : Tuesday Mooney Talks to Ghosts, Truly Devious and The Wife Between Us.