With #scarathlon being just over a week away I wanted to gather all the information and make everything accessible.
I‘ve created a folder in GDrive that contains all the information that‘s been posted, a list of October readathons, any bingo boards that can be used, and a tracker template that you may want to use. You can also add things to the folder and documents.
Friendly reminder: Earn those #earlybird points by posting 1. the sign-up link for #Scarathlon, 2. your October #WatchList, and 3. your October #TBR! 🎃🎃🎃
#afterdarkbingo board! This is for all the things spooky and scary. Anyone can use the board, you don't need to sign up.
There is a Stroygraph challenge https://app.thestorygraph.com/reading_challenges/eb26bc04-43a0-4e1d-b0b4-d47956d...
Bingo board for #bodycountbingo As long as there is a dead body, you can count the book!
Anyone can use the board, you don't need to sign up. There is also a Storygraph challenge https://app.thestorygraph.com/reading_challenges/8d793488-cc2d-4f52-ac45-bc3f21f...
#TLT #3ListThursday @dabbe
1. the demon possessing Regan in THE EXORCIST. #horrifyinglyevil
2. Andy Evans from LH Anderson's SPEAK. Because sometimes villains can be the most popular boy in high school.
3. Macbeth in MACBETH. #theheroandthevillain
Wanna play? @CBee @Eggs @TheSpineView @Alwaysbeenaloverofbooks @TheLudicReader @IndoorDame @BkLover @AmyG @Catiewithac @Cuilin @The_Penniless_Author
Play (if ya wanna) and pass on! 😈
#Scarathlon #blackcatcrew @bookwormAHN
1. Its an oldy, as most of my social media was set up for my work a decade or so ago, and I just kept it.
2. Sci Fi
3. Christmas and Halloween but for different reasons
4. Absolutely. Been visited by one - my great uncle, who was sick in the hospital
6. Librarian, crafter, dog lover, extremely liberal, Shoe lover, with book hording tendencies (but only for books I have not read).
Thanks for the tag, @Eggs !
1. Worked at an ice cream shop. I was... 14?
2. Hell no. My side hustle is not working 🤣🤣
3. The older I get the more I resent having to work. I work to live, so I guess that's my balance? I'm still working on dissociating my self-worth from my job.
🍒 My first job was a kennel tech at an animal hospital when I was 16. Loved the animals. People not as much.
🍒 🍒 I briefly sold books for Usborne (and of course bought a bunch along the way 😂).
🍒 🍒 🍒 It is, depending on each situation. I try to turn off work when I leave each day and on the weekends so I can focus on my daughter and our time together. 💖
It's my birthday hard without Aquamarina last birthday I was in the 20 minutes apart labor
Thanks for the tags, @Eggs @TheSpineView 🧡💜💛
1. My first paid job was as a babysitter at 12. My first “adult“ job was as a waitress at Coco's Restaurant in Phoenix.
2. I had the good ol' lemonade stand as a kid (worked well in the summer in Phoenix!). Now I tutor and proctor AP exams at my old school where I worked.
3. I never had kids; teaching was enough. I don't know how some of you do both or even more. #ibowtothewow
This is my first year participating in #scarathlon and I'm so excited! There are a TON of fun prompts that don't all revolve around reading, which is great for me since I have a full-time job and don't get to read much during the week.
There's still time to join in on the fun! 🎃👻
Sign-up here: https://forms.gle/AFMkkpfvLUTHu9rYA
+10 points for reposting the sign-up link
+1 for participation post
= 11 early bird points 🌸
1. I worked in a shoe shop as a Saturday girl and loved it. The worst paid job ever but 40% staff discount! 👠
2. No. I‘d never have the time 🤣
3. I think it is but it‘s a challenge. I work nights so home all day, no need for childcare but when they are off during the holidays I get no sleep!
Thank you for the tag @TheSpineView @Eggs
Here are the words you should be looking for while reading. This is a month long event. You get 10pts for every word you find.
Tip: if you read on kindle, I think you can just search for the word in your book. I‘ve never done it, but that‘s what I heard.
@Andrew65 @DieAReader @Bookworm54 @GHABI4ROSES @BrandedKristen, @julieclair @BethM @RainyDayReading @AnnR
Hey #magicalmonsters! Here are some tips and tricks for #scarathlon!
Please check my page every few days to see if anything new is posted. There have been some issues with tagging. 😊🎃🐺
@Andrew65 @DieAReader @Bookworm54 @GHABI4ROSES @BrandedKristen @julieclair @BethM @RainyDayReading @AnnR
1). If babysitting for neighbors count I was 13. Then McDonald‘s at 16.
2). I think it depends on your definition of balance. As a teacher: nope. No balance too many useless demands of my time, that required me to bring work home. As a library support staff: yes! No work comes home. (I got fussed at for checking my email at home and responding to it 🤣. Old habits die hard)
1️⃣ I was 16 and I worked at McDonald's
2️⃣ Yes. In college I waited tables and continued to do so when I was a young adult. It help make ends meet.
3️⃣ Yes, but in my experience not with two jobs.
Want to play? @dabbe @Cupcake12
Sign up is here : https://tinyurl.com/2t2ef3x8 and is open till the end of September.
This is such a blast. I cannot say enough good things about this 'thon. The community is so supportive, and even though it's competitive it's so relaxing. Come, join us!
#Scarathlon #TeamBOOklovers @Bookwormjillk
Stuff your kindle days tomarrow
#Scarathlon #WordSearchWords #wsw
This seems to be the game where we can each grab like a gazillion points! I'm so glad you're keeping track of your points and not me on this one! 🧡🎃🧡
In the above pic are the directions for the #Scarathlon Photo Challenge. New this year: you can earn 15 extra points if you read a book matching a prompt at any point during that month! 🎃🎃🎃
#HHC All-in-One-Place Info Doc. for all #Scarathlon posts by the team leader:
Hello, Hexes! I'll be sending out more and more stuff that you'll want to keep track of as well as your points. Please see info in the above pic. Bookmark this site; then you'll have all the posts in one place, and you won't have to doomsday-scroll! 🤩
Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1uLw_eBit_z7nq2GcoBa6NTIv0bgwrIuLNFdo0Pon...
Thanks for the tags, @TheSpineView @Eggs @The_Penniless_Author @BkLover 🤗
1. Dinner or lunch: whichever lets me eat the most pasta on any given day! 🤩
2. FRIED GREEN TOMATOES AT THE WHISTLESTOP CAFE: the book and movie!
“The secret's in the sauce.“ 😃
Tag, you're it: @TheLudicReader @Cuilin @AmyG @Catiewithac 🧡🎃🧡
I don‘t watch a ton of movies, but I am looking forward to watching some of my favorite TV Halloween episodes. I tend to binge on Food Network competitions this time of year as well. And of course Clue The Movie and The Great Pumpkin 🎃 #scarathlon #TeamBOOkLovers
1) “The Phantom of the Paradise.“ I imprinted on it as a child. Still have the soundtrack album.
2) I love how much my husband loves it. He can't wait to feel Autumnal and put on George Winston music.
3) Paranormal romance.
4) Adding to the TBR/TBW. 😁
5) I had it last year! We rented a popcorn machine and showed movies outside to our friends. It was awesome.
1). My favorite meal of the day is lunch. It‘s the one meal that I get to sit, read and enjoy my lunch. With no one trying to make conversation. 🤣
2) the Hannah Swenson series by Joanne Fluke. She includes recipes for desserts and cookies. I‘ve made some of the cookies in the past for cookie exchanges
Just a little bit of fun to get to know #mischiefandmayhem
1) The Lost Boys
2) When the leaves fall and they are all crunchy
3) Either cosy or batshit crazy
4) I love the games especially word search. I like seeing what other people enjoy and adding to my TBR which is also my least favourite thing!
5) Curtains closed, door locked, lights off and watching Shetland and ignoring kids. It‘s not a big thing in the UK, or at least not where I am
What's on your October bucket list?
Make a list for #scarathlon and then get 10 points everytime you cross something off!
@Kimberlone @Allylu @WhollyBologna @willaful @ElizaMari, @sleepswithbooks @LocalTXLibrarian @NikkiM5 @sebrittainclark
Word search is back for this year‘s #scarathlon
This is one of my favourite games and a great way to earn some extra points!
@Kimberlone, @Allylu, @WhollyBologna, @willaful, @ElizaMarie, @sleepswithbooks, @LocalTXLibrarian, @NikkiM5, @sebrittainclark