1. My parents have played my whole life and my first campaign was when I was 13 in 2nd Edition.
2. In a heartbeat. I can't play as regularly as I would like and it makes me so sad.
3. Read the manuals to understand the rules and find a good group that is willing to teach you how to properly play.
4. @MrBook @DivineDiana because I am very interested to see what you think.
1. ummm... Heck Yeahhhh. I happily fly my NERD flag.
3. Leave yourself lots of time, and if there is not a good storyteller amoung your friends, get one of the campaign books.
4.@trashcanman @suvata @leahbergen
Hi @Eggs thanks for the tag! #whatwouldyoudo
1. No , a group of friends started playing, but I felt they were too advanced too fast for me to join in.
3. One tip I have , if you are at a yard sale and see early D&D books ,some are quite valuable especially in good shape.
4.anyone who would like to play !
1. Yes! I love DnD, it‘s my favorite hobby besides reading. I even run a game for a my parents, brother, and aunt!
2. Lol, yes! I actually have a session scheduled for tomorrow night
3. If you‘re new to the game, I suggest just having fun! Don‘t worry too much about the rules, chances are someone with more experience will help out. Just let yourself relax and enjoy the game!
1. Yes, it was my first tabletop RPG. We moved on to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (now I've dated myself!) and played that for years. My husband and son still actively play ROGs including D&D.
2. Sure, i would play again
3. Play your character, and try not to be too any about getting into the role. Look for some solutions that aren't just fighting all the time.
1. Tried one brief online play by post session, but I have played Dungeon World and Masks (Powered by the Apocalypse games), listened to The Adventure Zone, and watched Critical Role. I actually just ordered the Stranger Things themed Starter Kit tonight to learn how to DM.
2. HELL YES
3. Have fun, and keep your character and yourself separate - don't metagame.
4. @TsundokuAleax @Schlinkles postal book club friends 🥰