October was all right! Better than last year‘s October- for sure.
I‘m looking forward to Thanksgiving with my hubby and my sister & her family. And a week off of school- bless our new head-of-school who totally gets that humans need real breaks.
I‘m grateful for family, friends, and (not gonna lie) good food.
Have some Halloween fun!!
2. Socks (women‘s S...petite feet)
3. Vampire, pref a smokin‘ hot one (lol)
4. Candles- mild scents
5. Live in a giant pumpkin (WAY more decorating opportunities!)
6. Amazing but uncomfortable (art has a price, yo)
Want to play along???
1. Monster- Smaug
2. Def not...
3. I once made a Jun (From Gatchaman) costume for DragonCon. That was a lot of fun!
5. Not superstitious but def believe in some paranormal things
6. Black cat
8. (Oops, I mean second 7) Hayride
9. Pumpkin pie
10. Cemetery- I love wandering and reading the headstones
Do you like Halloween????! @wanderinglynn Is organizing a Halloween book swap!
Sign-up using this Google Form
I thought this book would just be a fun romp- and it was a fun romp- but it also dug deeper than I expected. I will watch the movie but suspect it may not portray the true heart of the story the way print did (I hope I am wrong).
Almost done with this book.
TBH...I‘ve been putting off reading the last 75 or so pages bc I don‘t want it to be over.
Stretched out the reading by walking the hound; we found a #LittleFreeLibrary in Beaufort (NC) that we‘d not yet come across. Yay!
The dogbeast and I found this on one of our many walks while in Beaufort, NC this past weekend.
This book was one of the first to help me see beyond myself (I was a very young adult when I read it); it helped me see that even though things may happen *to* me they do not define me and they do not dictate my future behavior. This book changed the way I see the world.
Snow day B&B: breakfast & book. I‘m reading Hellbent (third Orphan X book). If you like over-the-top super secret agent stuff, this is for you. Hurwitz is funny, too. I particularly like his treatment of women- they are generally badasses (even the ones being rescued from desperate circumstances). He fully points out through the action that women have their own types of power, as well as being able to be physically & intellectually strong.
1. Toy Story
2. Yes! I drove an RSX-S for ten years. There is no other thrill quite like dropping into 6th speed!!!!!
3. The Golden Compass
4. Helping out the parents; they are both having medical issues (but on the mend! Yay!)
5. Done! 💖
Who‘s going back to school??
What‘s your game plan?
I‘m the Librarianaut!
I explore places, books, and ideas.
I find adventure wherever I can.
I‘m famous for wrangling books and have been called a toddler-whisperer by adults dazed at my powers of story time.
My mum calls me “Laura” but that‘s only because she had to pick something when I was born, not knowing who I would become.
Any one going to see Deborah Harkness on her book tour? I‘ve got a book signing ticket for her Raleigh visit; so excited!!