5/100 - The Finish Line (Kate Stewart, book 3 of the Ravenwood trilogy)
Listy does not have book 3 listed but I finished the trilogy today. Helen of Troy meets Sons of Anarchy meets modern day Robin Hood. Excellent, excellent trilogy.
#WondrousWednesday on Saturday because it‘s been one of those weeks…. Thanks for the tag @Avanders I hope you are doing well.
1. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
2. To get one year closer to retirement (only 3 to go…)
3. Temps in the 20s. It‘s been bitterly cold and 23 F feels balmy.
While I‘ll probably start one tomorrow likely wouldn‘t get enough completed to count it until November anyways so here we go with #bookspin #doublespin:
December goals in this order (hoping for overlap)
-Complete BOTM challenge: 3 books (1-16)
-Complete buddy reads: #sundaybuddyread & #obamabuddyread (20-21)
-Get a #bookspinbingo (one of my goals of the year, still have yet to hit)
Why can't you add audible originals to the book database???
I complain that a lot of these Audible Originals are too short and that they aren't enough to establish an actual story. This one was different. It was a perfect short listen with great narration to boot.
🎃It‘s a great time to be on Litsy! #SheSaid #HauntedHollowSwap #AlteredNightmareSwap #Screamathon
🎃 Zucchini, potatoes, leeks, artichokes, butternut squash. . .
🎃 I‘m grateful to be exploring Chicago with my daughter for a couple of days. Never been here before. It‘s wonderful!
Tag: @4thhouseontheleft @LibrarianRyan @wanderinglynn @Riveted_Reader_Melissa (I‘m thankful for you all keeping us talking on Litsy!)
1. I think they‘re just as good but the market is so fragmented. There are so many genres and sub-genres. So whatever you‘re looking for, it‘s out there. There‘s some really great stuff being published by small companies and independently by authors….I think it just takes longer to find the hidden gems (but that‘s where Litsy and GR can help!)
2. Nope. I try to avoid guessing too much and let a book‘s plot lead me wherever it‘s going to go.
I absolutely love books about mermaids or sirens. Does anyone have suggestions? Books that fall under Middle grade or YA, preferably not a contemporary book
📔George Twitchett by G A Eastick
The first chapter had a lot of information which I understood but lots to process. Funny and easy to read. Very descriptive. Few grammatical errors. Some speech isn't how a 12 year old would speak. Bit dark at times. Loved the world building and the animals we meet, especially Bobby and Tommy. Like the runes and mythology. Plot was fast paced and I liked the adventure. Ending was good and left on a cliffhanger.
1. No, unless I can tell they smell weird!
2. Nope, not even a little
@Kdgordon88 Hi Debra. I'm such a clutch. I had letters in my hand to mail today and they flew out of my over stuffed arms that fell on the porch except one that fell in between a tiny slot in my porch. I have no way of getting into my porch so I must use some unique way of getting your letter. Does anyone have any suggestions 🤣🤣🤣. So I'm sorry but your letter may take a few more days. ❤😁 @Alwaysbeenaloverofbooks #LitsyLove
Snow died this morning 😔