1. It has always been work, I recently changed roles and I can‘t tell you how much I wish I had done this sooner. I walk/run, yoga, knit, meditate, gratitude journal. I have dipped a toe in all the stress relief ☺️
2. Having a dog sidekick, the perfect companion when you‘re stressed! And I‘ve seen unconditional love on others‘ posts and have to agree. You can‘t put a price on that.
@JenReadsAlot @Kshakal @BethM
Another twisty book filled with unlikable people. I‘m alway impressed with how many times my mind changes about who actually “dunit” in Kubica books.
1. When people support one another, pay it forward, and are kind just because. I find inspiration in nature, the woods, the beach, my deck, please give me sun to recharge. Memory lane can also be beautiful with old friends and family. Remember when life was simpler.
2. My daughter and dad at her last Highschool Christmas concert.
#Two4Tuesday Thank you for the tag @TheSpineView
1. An ideal winter vacation would look like summer. A spot on the ocean in a tropical location would be a welcome distraction right now.
2. I‘d likely bring some uncomplicated chick lit so I could focus on relaxing and looking at the water.
Tagging @JenReadsAlot @Kshakal @BookNAround
I finished this last week, a book from my #AuldLangSpine list by @BookNAround - this was a cozy mystery, which is not my usual choice, but it was absolutely madcap and fun. If you‘re into the cozy mystery, add this to the TBR. I would not have read this on my own but it was fun to get out of my element and be entertained. @monalyisha
1. Chloe from The Sugar Queen, books come to her when she needs them. I would like to manifest that.
2. I think she would be a great help in any mystery, such as The Cartographers, books would come with answers to help her solve the case with the characters.
@TheSpineView Thank you for the tag. #Two4Tuesday @Kshakal @JenReadsAlot @BethM
These Precious Days was my first read from @BookNAround ‘s #AuldLangSpine list. I really enjoyed this, some of the essays resonated deeply for me. This one‘s title grabbed me. Losing my mom so suddenly in November has been a gut punch, after the numbness, knitting has recently been comforting me beyond measure. An essay where Ann finds joy in the loss of her dad also gave me pause, joy is possible. ❤️ A thought provoking kick off. @monalyisha
#wondrouswednesday @Eggs Thanks for the tag @Kshakal
1. Practical, relatable, funny and poignant
2. I don‘t know any other languages in depth.
3. Just The Nicest Couple by Mary Kubica
Tagging @JenReadsAlot and @BookNAround - I‘d love to see your #3 so I can add them to my TBR 😉
My last book of 2022 was We Are The Light by Matthew Quick. This started out just ok for me but ended on a high note as it unraveled. My first read of 2023 is the tagged These Precious Days by Ann Patchett from my #AuldLangSpine partner and host of #lastfirst @BookNAround - I‘ve seen it on many posts so it almost feels like a Buddy read☺️
I feel like when I lend a book out I‘ve accepted anything could happen. A lost book seems sad though. My favorite find when a friend returned my book was a Cheeto fingerprint, it became a fun inside joke. I think I prefer my books to be loved. That said, I try to avoid a dog ear but it has happened in desperate moments. 🐶
Jumping in to #AuldLangSpine right away after the seasonal drivel. It was a heavy holiday, the first Christmas without my mom, so some light reading is in order. It is a wonderfully eclectic list to allow more depth as the days get longer hopefully right along with my attention span. Thanks @BookNAround @monalyisha
1. I celebrate Christmas Eve with my kids and husband. We often go to church, have a birthday cake for Jesus (because…cake) and open gifts from Santa and one another. Plus I force Jolabokaflod on them ☺️
2. We used to get fancy, or have snacks with the in-laws. We have gotten simpler, we see what we are feeling. We are leaning towards lasagna from a local restaurant his year and 🎂
@Eggs Thank you for the tag @Kshakal #wondrouswednesday
1. I‘m not a fan of winter so this is a tough question, probably the “forced” relaxation due to early darkness, and the urge to cook comfort food and read or knit that comes with.
2. All I want for Christmas is to have my kids back and be happy. (First Xmas with one child moved out on her own 🤔 interesting)
3. The Foundling by Ann Leary from #auldlangspine📚 @JenReadsAlot @Kshakal Thanks for the tag @TheSpineView
1. I did ask for a book on my #AuldLangSpine list for our little Jolabokaflod at home. We‘ll see😉
2. Yes, I give books to my daughters and non-reading husband, ordered The Green Mile for my tween nephew, and I will dig up something for my brother in law. I love giving books 📚
Great list from @BookNAround for #AuldLangSpine - I can‘t wait to check out some new to me reads in January. I‘ve only read two of here, so plenty to explore. I see two authors named Ann I have previously enjoyed, so I may start with those☺️ Thank you!
1. Absolutely none. I‘m inviting as much hygge into my life as I can. I need comfort right now so no exciting challenges. I will be celebrating Jolabokaflod with my husband and kids.🥰
Favorite memory, Christmas morning as a child. My parents were young and my dad often worked on Christmas, one year Santa came at 3am so my dad could watch us open gifts before heading to the factory. ❤️
#wondrouswednesday @Eggs thank you for the tag @Kshakal
1. Signal Fires by Dani Shapiro
2. I received a gift subscription to PageOne, it felt like they were able to send me books that suited me that had not read.
3. The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen and Winter Solstice by Rosamund Pilcher.
It‘s been a tough week as my mom unexpectedly passed away on Saturday at the young age of 70. I made myself go vote because I promised her in my heart that I would. That was our little joke - that I counted on her to cancel out my dad‘s vote and I would “put us ahead”. They never saw eye to eye on election day and I am so proud of how she could stand by her convictions ❤️ (word is she early voted☺️) #auldlangspine @monalyisha
📚 New Moon, Nightshift
✍️ Nancy Drew
🎥 Night at the Museum, Nanny McPhee, two favorites when my kids were small
🎸 Nine Inch Nails - Trent Reznor is my birthday Buddy.
🎵 Nasty, New Moon on Monday, Never Gonna Give you Up (80‘s girl here!)
#manicmonday #lettern @CBee
1. I do enjoy podcasts, I usually listen to those or audiobooks on a run or walk. Or when I have some mindless knitting to work on.
2. If I have several hours on my own in the car I enjoy planning a book or podcast, but for day to day driving it is almost always music to get my blood pumping for whatever is ahead. I also video chat daily with a good friend, which is truly my first choice of car listen.
My vacation read. 600 pages I wasn‘t sure I‘d ever finish. It was a fairy tale to be sure, a little too YA for me usually but that said, I‘ve been reading King for 40 years and cannot betray my master, my first love 📚 . I think he could write gibberish and I would find something redeeming. This would be a so-so from me for any other author, to keep it real. I pledge fealty to King. After all, his name is not King for nothing.
1. King Kong, I was way too little to watch it. Does anyone remember the original Escape from With Mountain with Tony and Tia? Not scary but a random childhood movie.
2. I enjoyed Discovery of Witches.
@Eggs #wonderouswednesday Thsnk you for the tag @Kshakal