1. Magazines, journals, notecards
2. My husband!! 🤷♀️
Any other book related products, games, stationery.
Useful thing 🤷♀️ washing machine! I‘m trying to think what causes most havoc when it‘s not there!
Bookmarks - there is no way I can fit them all in a picture. I love them and since Litsy I have loads more and they‘re wonderful. These are my leather ones ❤️
All tagged - show us your bookmarks 😁😁
Thanks @tournevis for the taga
📘 Magical Wand Wielder
📘 This is my favorite stop to read in the summer. I have a hammock that I also enjoy.
📘 Not a book character, but my husband could be a stand in for Sheldon Cooper on The Big Bang Theory.
🖐 Play along if you want @4thhouseontheleft
@Texreader @JoScho @LibrarianRyan @bookandcat @coffeeandbooks and anyone else cause I am brain dead and can't think today.
1. My bf calls me Tiny Hippo (which is a reference to a comic strip not an appearance comment I always have to point out) and I‘m also Kyle, Moonface, Emsybabes to various people
2. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance?
3. Yeah there have been some very beloved books I really didn‘t enjoy and the constant hype annoyed me
4. Not super important imo - covers aren‘t a huge deal for ebooks and audio
1. Magic realism
2. Idk it‘d have to be something weird and very specific ‘Baking in the Anthropocene‘ or something like that 😂
3. This is me looking amazing at dinner the other night
4. 39 so far! #bfc has really helped me get through them!
@moll wanna give your first daily challenge post a go 😊 this is a good one to do!
1. Emotion usually. Whatever jumps out at me from the shelf.
2. I probably could on a train, a bus I don‘t know. I can definitely do an audiobook. I get motion sick looking at my phone in the car.
3. The interwebs and Litsy and my cat.
4. Coffee or water. I don‘t snack much when I read.
5. Tag you‘re it!
1. I have to admit I do judge a book by its cover. 🤷♀️
2. I can't read in vehicles because it makes me sick 🤮 😔
3. Adulting. 💔
4. Coffee is my favorite all the time snack/drink. ☕
💜💜 @Smoky_Embers @bbdeese @Debdeb 💜💜
💙 @Alwaysbeenaloverofbooks @laurenslibrary 💙
1) It honestly depends- do I have book club? Am I reading a series? Has a book fallen off my bookshelf and hit me recently? Then it's usually that one 😂
2) No because we don't have those around here.
3) My own brain saying we need to get other stuff done!!!
4) Salty snacks! Popcorn, crackers & cheese, ect.
1. On impulse really but I always have a mental list of books I need or want to get to soon
2. Yes! My commute is a three hour round trip on the train and walking at both ends. I couldn‘t do it without audiobooks.
3. The news mainly. The world keeps doing crazy shit and I know it‘s bad to compulsively keep up but I can‘t stop
4. Coffee and chocolate for ever
5. @FashionableObserver 😘
1. When I keep thinking about it for a while after I've finished 💜 or when I'm completely amazed by characters and plot twists 💜 or when the writing is beautiful and great to savour
2. Bookmarks and notepads
3. The one I use to cook in a crockpot
1) Numerous things: good plot, interesting characters, it's ability to let me escape reality
2)Crystals, scrapbooking supplies 😂
3) Old school Betty Crocker one that is the exact version my mom has. It has my mom's brownie recipe and a hot fudge pudding cake that's totally sinful
1) Yesterday I passed my ASWB examination, so I bought cupcakes to celebrate!
2) Audiowalks and in general going outside and enjoying the nice weather.
3) My favorite quotes are infinite, but today I will choose “She wasn‘t looking for a knight she was looking for a sword.” -Atticus
4) my newest follower 😁 @spirituells #WelcomeToLitsy
#DayAfterHumpDayPost (I'm late!) @MinDea
1. I finally got some decor in the tins by our front hall bench, and snapped a pic to send my husband.
2. Hmm... tough one. Depending on the person, either a lasagna or a few curries.
3. Lunch at my parents and swimming on Saturday, work and a hockey game on Sunday.
4. Just one? NEVER! Zadie Smith, Kazuo Ishiguro, Neil Gaiman, Margaret Atwood.
5. EVERYTHING! The weather, smells in the air, sweaters!!
2. I admit I haven't read all of the Lord of the Rings books, but I thought the movies were great. Hobbit not as much.
3. 0. Cats eat them or knock them over.
4. P.E. Math.
5. Squirrels and birds. Guess I better watch out for those squirrels 😁 Oh and the neighbors' wild cats.
• Blink 182 will forever be a favorite and Birdy is one of my favorite singers.
• Just my Goodreads goal of 75 books. 32/75! 😆
• Hmm... I‘d guess around 3 or so hours.
• Why are you asking?! 👀 (They‘re on to me... steady breaths) None that I‘m aware of!
• I do not like the texture of watermelon. 🤷🏻♀️
1. Contigo Snap Seal Thermal Mugs. They keep your drink of choice HOT for a looooong time, and you can throw it in your bag - no spills here!
2. Grey. But I wouldn't be happy about it. I need variety!
4. Province, but yes.
1. My healthy kitty on his way to the vet on Saturday. He‘s not a fan of his carrier or being in the car, so he moaned and looked at me the whole time. Poor kitty.
2. No official meetup. I couldn‘t make the one held in Northern VA a couple months ago and I don‘t think there‘s been a #DC one lately?
3. My husband does the cooking so they‘re all easy!
4. Gray... #boring
5. 36! Halfway through 37.
1. Les Vampires, with the 'consuming family' story of Lucrezia Borgia. My sister in a hard way, now has $4000+ loaned from me. 😑
2. Not just yet. Georgina #Ontario 🍁
3. We've been going for Chinese dumplings and fried rice, often on Tuesdays.
4. Black, blue wolves. 🐺
5. 18 so far. 📚 I'll be taking forever with Game of Thrones on the list.
1. Chilling in an orangutan nest at the Toronto Zoo with my dudes.
2. I don't think there's been one up here. #TorontoMeetUp anyone?
3. Pasta with veggies and sausage in a white wine sauce. Go-to, clears out the fridge, ready in the time it takes to cook the noodles!
4. Grey with black lettering/graphic.
1. Card pairs, from a spread draw with The Archeon Tarot, and Oracle of Shadows & Light. It's a good one for holding sunshine though any odd blues of the last week.
2. Not right now, on the buddy reads.
3. DAVIDsTEA Butterfly Jasmine 🦋 not completely a butterfly shaped loose leaf 😄 but a really great green tea, wrapped and ready to bloom. 😌🍃☕️
4. Mac & Cheese, w/ Bacon & Tomatoes
5. Variety Cheesecake; caramel flavours.
1. A hiking trip with the man and dog 🖤
2. I am in a buddy read for Terry Prachett‘s Disc world #ookbookclub and I‘m in a fear street buddy read #fearstreet
3. A book and Ash funko
4. I think I‘m doing a shrimp stir fry but it will depend on what I find at the store
5. I usually have Apple pie for my birthday (fall baby!) but there is a bakery in Portland that makes a cake that is like having a giant ring ding, yum!
1. Diet Coke is my fuel
2. Rewatching Arrested Development
3. Ready Player One. I like most of it, some issues with how gaming culture is represented and too much teen angst.
4. Sunny and a little chilly (50s).
5. Two ear piercings one tattoo of a Harry Potter quote and currently working on another tattoo to honor my cat that passed away.
2. RuPaul's Drag Race season 9. Those bitches make me happy!
3. Monty Python Speaks (Yes, if you're a fan); The Years (YES, beautiful prose); mystery title for #PoutineandPaperbacks (Yes)
4. Grey. Possible snow later.
5. Nope. But plans for future.
1. This morning‘s travel coffee. It was actually gone before Man Cub and I left for school lol.
2. Victoria on Netflix, on Amazon (PBS) sorry. I haven‘t started any new shows since I finished both seasons of this one.
3. Pachinko (physical) YES! The Suspicions of Mr Whicher (audio) not sure yet, but i am leaning toward recommendable.
4. SNOW! And cold. Awful!
5. A pink ribbon inside right wrist, ears pierced 3 each.
1. I tried to lay on the floor to take a picture of Dante. He decided it was time for insane rolling and a belly rub.
2. iPhone. And iPad. And MacBook. But also a kindle.
3. All the cookies all the time.
4. One Thousand White Women—journal format of a woman who signs up for a brides for Indians program to escape an insane asylum. So good so far!
5. Hockey or football to watch, skiing if I‘m doing it.
1. Our kitty Whiskers and an omelette I made a couple nights ago.
4. Warm Bodies, it‘s about a zombie 🧟♂️ who is not as much of a zombie as he seems. I just started it but I have seen the movie.
5. Don‘t really have a favorite
1. A picture of me as a child trying to smile. Clearly I didn‘t know what I was doing. This is how I smiled all the time apparently
4. No, not really.
5. Facebook, Instagram or bookout.
Late night #HumpDayPost for @MinDea
1. This is Dante, named for The Divine Comedy
2. Besides reading, travel, skiing, and blogging
3. Watermelon and zucchini
4. We get chocolate advent calendars every year but I really want to buy the Little House on the Prairie one.
5. I found two hard to find Christmas toys and was able to buy them for my friends' kids!
1. Here are the boots I wore today
2. I wouldn‘t say I always win or never win things but once in a while I will win something.
4. Target and Amazon
5. My phone wasn‘t letting me make calls, I finally reset it and it worked just fine.
Damn Litsy cropping tool! 😂
Anyway, it‘s #WhatchaReadingWednesday! Let me know what you‘re currently reading. 📚📚📚📚📚📚
I‘m reading The Space Between the Stars by Anne Corlett and The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke.
What about y‘all? What‘s good?
1. You guys missed my silver Dansko clogs (work shoes)
2. Somewhere in the middle
3. Goodreads.com/BarbaraTheBibliophage + blog in pic
4. Depends on my mood and how much time I have
5. Some client stuff related to being away for 8 weeks. Ah well ... it all shakes out in the end.
1. I work from home, so I never wear shoes! 2. Never win things😔. 3. https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5318191-mikala 4. Online typically. 5. My dog is sick and we are leaving him soon for a long period of time 😔. #humpdaypost
1. Megan Meme? Apparently, I suck 🤗
2. Lots of holiday traditions; Christmas Tree Day (everyone cuts down their trees together, while singing Welcome Christmas), tortiere on Christmas Eve, sticky buns and mimosas in the morning.
3. Meat and vegetables 😁
5. Hmm...Kangaroo? Emu? Camel?
1. Graveyards remind me of fall (this one is of Ben and Jerry's Flavor Graveyard)
2. Next read is Murder on the Orient Express
3. Dark chocolate
4. Allergic to mornings
5. My Columbus Crew hat #savethecrew
1️⃣skeleton flamingos, mums, and pansies!
2️⃣having trouble deciding, but leaning towards WW:Warbringer thanks to @Kalalalatja
4️⃣grass and other plant/tree pollens
5️⃣I think there's a yellow highlighter on the table behind me. 😊
Yay!!! It's #HumpDayPost time🎃 My friend & I at a wedding last night 🥂💖Trying a new fish recipe & grilling vegetables 🐠🍆🥕🌰The Outsiders~ loved book & movie 📚❤️🎥I just bought 2 dozen eggs & a container of Hummus😂My napkin holder❣️ Thanks @MinDea this was fun 🎉🎉🎉
🐫 knitting and tea (coincidentally in a mug from my fav indie coffee place)
🐫 writing, language/linguistics, and pop culture
🐫 pasta and fake-bread toast
🐫 equal human rights