Seems like #unpopularopinion time - while I‘m liking these more than I did at first, I liked vol 3 best so far (other than the change of artistic style). This one was still better than the first for me, and I‘m forging ahead, but still not my favorite. 3/5 ⭐️
So this is a review of the entire series. I love it! Yes this is geared to a younger audience but I‘m all about a comic that‘s about acceptance and friendship. A group of girls at camp keep running into odd (often supernatural) situations and they rely on each other to help come out of it. Give it a go!
2. White & queer.
3. Individual issues. Some of them have great back matter and I'm too impatient for trade-waiting.
4. Always physical to buy, sometimes I check out digital comics from Hoopla.
5. I have a GREAT local shop, Vault of Midnight. Openly feminist and progressive owner and employees.
6. I have a pull list a mile long!
Sounds so fun - after reading Lumberjanes I‘m ready to dip my toes into graphic novels a little more, but it‘s been hard to know what to try. I‘m excited for this! #WeveGotIssues #CBBR @TricksyTails @GrilledCheeseSamurai
Making my way through the Lumberjanes series for the #24in48 I got off to a bit of a slow start as I have a pretty brutal cold this weekend. Doubtful I will@be making the full 24 hour run as I have to work tomorrow on top of being sick! Ugh!
1) Family Guy
2) Those cabinets in my picture are kind of pinkish.
3) Neither -- I grew up around Scranton and never had a desire to watch The Office. Have never seen This Is Us either.
4) I had no idea this was a thing until I Googled it.
5) Lumberjanes was really good, also Beneath A Scarlet Sky
So it is going to be an early night tonight due to the fact that this tree fell on my roof at 2:30 this morning 😳
Early morning reading getting done! Once again, I LOVE Lumberjanes. The art is awesome, the stories are great and the characters are just so much fun. This volume gives a little bit more into why and where the girls actually are, and what it really means to be a Lumberjane. We‘re definitely getting into some interesting backstory!
Finished Bojack Horseman with the husband this morning, then big family brunch (with salted caramel syrup!), and now I‘m reading Lumberjanes and catching up on my #NaNoWriMo writing, because I skipped yesterday (4,545 words done!) Plus working on Lilac Girls for Wednesday‘s book club meeting. #litsypartyofone (I‘m kind of doing it wrong but having fun anyway). 😊
This is becoming one of my favourite series. I love the Lumberjanes and vol. 4 was just as clever, fun and enjoyable to read as the rest of the series.
Definitely not my favorite of the series... the artwork was just so crumby. Check out my full review here: http://ericarobynreads.blogspot.com/2017/05/graphic-novel-review-lumberjanes-vol...
Sunday afternoon backyard plans. It's a little hot out, but that's why I bought popsicles today. ☀️
Sounds legit 😉 I love them all!