Aiden and his dad are back from trick or treating in the cold rain so time for our traditional popcorn and hot chocolate while reading The Great Pumpkin followed by the movie version! #teamstoker @TheReadingMermaid
Poor Charlie Brown. He always gets the worst of everything. He‘s the only one who gets a bag full of rocks trick-or-treating. This classic picture book has it all: hanging out in a pumpkin patch, homemade costumes, and a World War One Flying Ace!
1. Almond Joys
2. Black licorice and wax lips
3. When I was younger we always watched Rocky Horror Picture Show every Halloween, now we do Horror movie bucket lists.
4. As a kid it was cheetara from thunder cats. As an adult, zombie prom King and Queen with my husband.
Gratuitous, non-bookish post: my family gathered at the Pumpkin Palooza event at the Arboretum. Well, there are a couple of Little Free Libraries in the gardens. Just look at how grown up my babies are! 🥺
The 💩🎃 is my husband‘s creation.
#Spooktober - Great Pumpkin: How does this happen? A pumpkin the same size as a Mini Cooper? Wasn‘t there a children‘s book where the family lived inside a hollowed pumpkin shell? The only question...okay, two questions that really need answering are, ‘Are these edible? and How many pumpkin pies could I make from a pumpkin like this?‘🎃🥧🧡 Hmmm...imagine the quantity of pumpkin seeds!😉
Photo Credit: The Internet
Sally Brown: I was robbed! I spent the whole night waiting for the Great Pumpkin when I could have been out for tricks or treats! You kept me up all night waiting for the Great Pumpkin and all that came was a beagle! And it was all your fault! I'll sue! What a fool I was. I could have had candy apples and gum! And cookies and money. What a fool I was. Trick or treats come only once a year. You owe me restitution!
1. I‘m not much for scary movies, so: Charlie Brown!
2. Eight so far, but I only have 60-odd pages left in Les Mis that WILL be finished today! 🙌🏼#lesmisbuddyread #threeweekslate
3. Handing out candy (we finally live somewhere kids can trick-or-treat!) & finishing Les Mis 🤪
4. Read! Go on a museum trip or a quick road trip up the coast...realistically: probably also spend some time catching up on chores!
5. The creative costumes!
3 more days for Opening Day for #HocusPocusSwap !!! I am getting anxious! 🎃🎃 Has everyone received their packages?!